Saturday, April 23, 2011

Geoff Miller: 1936-2011

It is with great sadness we report the death of Geoff Miller, the husband of actress Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans). Geoff passed away peacefully on April 16, following a long battle with progressive supra-nuclear palsy. He was 74 years old.

He made his career in publishing, most notably founding Los Angeles magazine in 1960. He worked on the title as editor and later publisher, with circulation peaking at over 170,000 copies. He married Kathryn Leigh Scott in 1991 and the couple divided their time between Los Angeles, London and New York.

Geoff was a familiar face to many Dark Shadows fans, often accompanying Kathryn to the annual Dark Shadows Festivals, right up until last year's event. Kathryn has posted a tribute page on her official website, which can be viewed here. On behalf of Dark Shadows fans everywhere, we'd like to extend our sincerest condolences to Geoff's family and friends.

3 comments:

Cassandra Collins said...

He was a tremendously nice and humble man, and from talking to him you would have never known he was such a powerful media figure. He was always on the sidelines while Kathryn interacted with fans. When I logged on to read the morning news last weekend I was surprised of his passing even though many of us knew of his struggle. He continued to work and travel until the end which is a great inspiration to us all. My deepest condolences to Kathryn and family. He will be missed at future Dark Shadows Festivals.

Chad Moore said...

Very sad news. My heart goes out to KLS and her family.

David Elijah Nahmod said...

I met Geoff a number of times, always friendly and easy to be around.
I last saw him when Kathryn appeared at a screening of House of Dark Shadows at the Castro Theatre here in San Francisco.
He shook my hand and remembered my name!

I lived in NYC during the 90s, where Kathryn & Geoff had an apartment. I ran into them several times: they always stopped to say hi.

They were a lovely couple, and you could see the deep love they had for each other.
I hope Kathryn is OK.