Sunday, May 15, 2011

2011 Dark Shadows Festival Update

The Dark Shadows Festival has released more information about their forthcoming 45th Anniversary celebration. The convention takes place on August 19-21 2011 at the New York Marriott Brooklyn Bridge Hotel. Sleeping rooms can be reserved at a reduced convention price by calling the hotel directly on 718-246-7000 and mentioning Dark Shadows.

Confirmed guests include Jonathan Frid (Barnabas), David Selby (Quentin), Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie), Jerry Lacy (Reverend Trask), Marie Wallace (Eve), Kathleen Cody (Hallie), Donna Wandrey (Roxanne), Sharon Smyth (Sarah), and making her first Dark Shadows appearance, Bobbi Ann Woronko (Nurse Pritchett).

Event highlights include a dramatic performance from Jonathan Frid and David Selby, acting together for the first time in 40 years, a panel on the new Dark Shadows movie, and a presentation about the history of Seaview Terrace, the location of Collinwood. The Festival concludes with a special gala banquet, which will feature a special Dark Shadows 45th Anniversary awards ceremony, with each attendee receiving an autographed picture of Jonathan Frid.

Registration for the event will be sent to people on the Festival's mailing list after June 1, and for more information send a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to: Dark Shadows, P.O. Box 92, Maplewood, NJ 07040. Information will also be posted on the Festival's official website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there! My 4th Fest in 4 years. If anyone else is going, please do introduce yourselves to us! We are easy to spot because my DS buddy and condo neighbor Sue is in a wheelchair and I'll be pushing. And I'll add my name to my entry badge. ~tracy

NEOhiowxguy said...

Tracy, I think I scronged up enough money to go. This will be my first DS festval. I go to alot of horror conventions here in Cleveland and am very excited about the DS festival. I can't wait to meet Jonathan Frid. I will look for you and your friend.
Bernie

robbie said...

This will be my first DS festival too. I am pretty excited. A little nervous too as I have never been to New York. Looking forward to the festival.